Thursday, September 25, 2008

Quick and Easy Cannoli

Why?

I needed dessert for four in a hurry!


What?

Okay, so I didn’t make these cratered, crunchy, creamy cannoli, but I was clever enough to hunt them down! I bought these at Jennifer Glasgow’s Fine Sweet Shop in Eastern Market (7th Street & North Carolina Avenue, SE - Washington, D.C.) The cannoli were delicious; crispy, crunchy outside and creamy, not-too-sweet inside. The Fine Sweet Shop also carries a variety of cookies, cakes, and cookies; some elegant, some simple. This was the first item I’ve bought from them, but they are now my go-to place for desserts.


I served them to friends for dessert the other night with a scoop of Laloo’s brand goat’s milk ice cream from Whole Foods.


How Much?

Cannoli - $9.00 ($2.25 each)

Ice Cream - $3.98

Total - $11.98


The Recipe:

Well…ya’ drive to Eastern Market with 9-bucks in your pocket.

No comments: