Saturday, December 6, 2008

About: Essensia!

Let me tell you "About:"... In addition to my recipe posts, I’m adding a new alternative post to my blog. My new “About:” posts will be shorter and focus on a single topic. I’m doing this because sometimes I’ll run across something (an ingredient, a restaurant, a wine, you name it) that doesn’t warrant a full out posting, but that I want to share with my friends and readers nonetheless. So…

Let me tell you About… Essensia!


Essensia is a delicious dessert wine my partner Gene and I discovered at a wine and cheese tasting several years ago. We like it so much that it’s rare we don’t have a bottle chilling in the refrigerator.

It is a sweet, honey-colored wine made from Orange Muscat grapes by the Quady Winery in California. Served cold, it pairs outrageously well with room-temp blue cheese (imported Societe is our favorite).
It would also pair well with chocolate or fruit desserts. Most often we’ll just have a tiny glass all by itself at the end of the evening.

Essensia is available locally. Here in DC, I buy the
750ml bottles at Calvert-Woodley for between $21-$25. It also comes in 375ml bottles (great for gift giving).

Enjoy!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great post category! I look forward to learning about new things from these new posts!